Friday, February 13, 2009

Heya! Yikes it's been awhile since I wrote anything here. I just saw the date on the last post and it's been a month since. Time really flies. In exactly 2 months from this date I am officially done with school. How weird is that?

Some of my best friends just got their job offers so congrats! Dinner on you haha!

Since I took the leap and chose to pursue my interest in psych my schedule has been pretty different. I've been helping Professor Tov on this exciting study on the benefits of journaling. I've also been going to NUS (YES NUS) to help Prof Hong on some studies on Schizophrenia.

Dr Collinson said some research positions in schizophrenia will be opening up at the NUS-Duke medical school so he asked me to contact him again in March if I'm interested in full-time work which is also extremely exciting.

I think one thing I've learned is that you shouldn't sell out on your long-term goals. Over the last months I've been tempted to just find a well-paying job or get into a free masters program, but you know life is full of opportunities, and sometimes you have to say no to things which may only be good for you in the short run. If you're going to say yes to every damn thing that comes your way you'll never live the life you want to.

No comments: