Tuesday, May 09, 2006

SO FAR SO GOOD

It’s been exactly 1 week at Tangs now and I find every day is never quite the same as the next. The great thing about Tangs is the nice family environment that is cultivated. Here, strangers smile at each other and greet each other good morning even if we do not recognize their faces or even know which department they come from. It is nice to come to work like this.

Work has been really fun. Everyday we have meetings, and during the meeting we brainstorm ideas for Tangs department store. Just yesterday I proposed a Summer Seranade Sale for the store, with in-house live musicians like harpists and violinists to create the mood. My colleagues like the idea, so now we’re trying to develop it. Tomorrow is our Christmas campaign and I can’t wait.

Working in town is fun for many reasons:
1. you can always meet friends for dinner here
2. I can visit my pals Alvin and Nick anytime
3. everything is in town
4. did I mention everything is in town?

Just yesterday, I got 2 free tickets to the gala opening of Poseidon at Lido from our marketing department. A real nice surprise after a long day at work. I went to catch it with Emilia because we were supposed to meet for dinner, so I decided not to tell her about the tickets and surprise her last minute. She starts work / post-grad soon and we were talking about how fast time has flown. I think back on the conversation I had with Nick. On how things are changing so much. As I type, I’m wearing dress shoes with work clothes. This is just a reminder how quickly we’re growing up.
For now though, I’m just glad to be an intern at Tangs. Doing fun work with some really nice people. 1 week down, 3 more to go.

No comments: